2012년 10월 9일 화요일

My Most Embarrassing Day in my Life!


Hello. The story I’m gonna talk to you today is about the episodes in Seattle when I was 7 years old. I have two episodes and both of them happened because of my poor English skill.

In the summer of 2002, my family went to America. We traveled Seattle, Los Angeles, Las vegas, San diego, and some other places. But it was Seattle where problems happened. On the first day in Seattle, my mom, dad, brother and I went to Madison Beach which is one of the popular swimming beaches in Seattle. My brother and I didn’t know how to swim so we enjoyed a raft, and my dad was swimming around the raft. While we were lying on the raft enjoying sunbathing, the raft was drifting out to the sea little by little. And suddenly, there wasn’t my father within my sight. I was so surprised and tried to find where he was. But I could never find him. I became panicked and started to shout toward the security guard on the beach. Because I didn’t know how to ask for help in English, I just shouted “Hello!” to the security guards. I repeated “hello” again and again crying. But the guards just answered me by shaking hands and saying hello back to me. But oh my god, at that time, my father was enjoying diving under the sea. He rose to the surface of the water as he heard my voice. I was so surprised and so embarrassed that I burst out tears.

In the night of that day, we stayed at hotel in Seattle. We were so tired and especially I was very hungry after hanging on the beach. I found 컵라면 that my mother had taken from Korea. My dad was already sleeping and my mom was taking a shower. So, I decided to eat 컵라면 alone. As I was only 7 years old, it was the first time I have 컵라면 alone. I tried to remember how my mother did when she made it. First, I knew that I should boil the water, and I found something looks like kettle in the room. However, I didn’t know that it is an electric kettle. I actually cannot remember how I used that device now. But suddenly, as I used it, it made a fire. The fire bell rang loudly, and I was surprised and shouted out loud to call my mom and dad. My dad woke up hearing me yelling and as he saw the fire, he took the bedclothes and covered the fire with it. The fire stopped as soon as he did it, but other people who were staying in the hotel came to see what happened. And the most serious problem happened after a few minutes left. It is that the firemen arrived at the hotel with a big red fire engine to help us. Because the fire was stopped, the firemen investigated my family to record what and how the accident had happened. One of the firemen asked me “who made a fire?” with a hand gesture directing at my father. I didn’t know what he meant but I understood that he was asking me “who is he?” so I just answered “my father.” He looked little bit angry and he approached my father and explained about something. My dad said to me that it was about the way to use electric kettle. I was sorry for my parents and it was the most embarrassing day in life.

댓글 1개: